Thursday, May 7, 2009

Trust Fund Kid

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a Trust Fund Lawyer.
As Duncan was orphaned twice and as neither of us have
a living sibling, if something had to happen to me Stuart
would be orphaned too - at four years old.
The fear of which has me lying awake nights.

Two dear friends of ours so very kindly, and so absolutely,
agreed to be his legal guardians.
Tomorrow the paperwork has to be done.
It makes it so absolute.

I feel hollow inside, this great big vacuum.
Duncan's estate is not even wound up yet
and here I am planning mine.
My sister, my babies, my husband
Will all this death around me ever end?

A little boy needs his Mommy.

1 comment:

  1. Colleen,
    I know exactly what you're going through as I'm struggling with the same issues right now. It's such a terrible thing to have to contemplate, on top of all the other overwhelming realities we're facing. But I comfort myself knowing that it's the "responsible" thing to do. Not that long ago neither of us would have never imagined all the unbelievable issues we're dealing with now. UGH! Good luck with your meeting and thanks for inspiring me to call and finally make an appointment with a lawyer.
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete