Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Regression

Stuart sleeps with Duncan's toothbrush. On Saturday we couldn't find it and although he didn't say anything I knew he was hurting. After he had gone to sleep I turned the place upside down to ensure I found it and had it ready for him in the morning.

When he woke the next morning he went and found a dummy (pacifier) which was still in its wrapping - Stuart volunatarily gave up his dummy at 9 months - and asked me to open it. He sucked on it the rest of the day and night and slept with both it and the toothbrush in his hand. The next day I convinced him to leave it at home when he went to school but as soon as he came home he took up with it again and he did so on Tuesday as well. The questions regarding Duncan have been even more profound these last nights.

I spoke with his teacher and have not made too big a deal of it at home, thankfully he gave it up today and has now taken to carrying a camera around and photographing everything :-) Oh little boy, I love you so, if only I could take your pain away.

No comments:

Post a Comment