Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

I had a really good day today. Stuart and I fetched Mitchell and we did a bit of last minute shopping. Then Mitch's new girlfriend, Emma, came over and we spent a lot of time outdoors playing with Stuart.

This is the first Christmas that Stuart can really understand all about Father Christmas and his Sleigh and so he has been very excited and put in his requests when we met him at the Shopping Mall for a Blue Bicycle and a Hammer.

We had planned to have a large Christmas Lunch on Christmas Day with lots of family and friends this year but I just could not face it without Duncan and so those plans were cancelled. During the day I set the table with almost as many trimmings as I would have originally and did all the food prep.

My friend Jill and her daughter Lorian joined us in the evening and we had a delightful time. Jill was so good with Stuart when he talked about and questioned her quite often about Duncan. Even though she had not been forewarned this may happen she handled the situation like a pro. I was so glad that Mitch was here as having to play "Santa" on my own would have been devastating but instead, as always, I had his support and we had fun putting the presents around the tree. I know tomorrow might be a different story but I am grateful for having had this little respite today.

No comments:

Post a Comment